For a number of months I have been following the Facebook updates of 20 Schemes headed up by Mez McConnell and i have been encouraged by the momentum which seems to be building up around this great gospel work.
Building Healthy Gospel centered churches for Scotland’s poorest communities
Our long term desire is to see Scotland’s housing schemes transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ through the planting of gospel-preaching churches, ultimately led by a future generation of indigenous church leaders.
To that end we will initiate a church planting and revitalization effort by recruiting training supporting and sending church planters,female outreach workers,ministry apprentices and short term interns to work part of church planting teams within Scotland’s housing schemes.
We believe that building healthy, gospel preaching churches in Scotland’s poorest communities will bring true, sustainable and long-term renewal to Scotland’s schemes.
Goals: How will we do this?
- Identify 20 schemes as priority areas
- Identify, where possible, church revitalization partners in those schemes
- Recruit Church Planters, Female Outreach Workers, and Ministry Apprentices to send into those schemes
- Develop church partners to support and resource our work in the schemes.
- Invest in indigenous leaders by providing training, resources and support
Do join with me in praying for the work of 20 Schemes, that God would reveal himself to many in Scotland poorest communities, that he would raise up leaders in these areas and that His Church would flourish.
Below is a very moving testimony of Mez who heads up 20 Schemes: